Top 5 getting ready for your session tips
Tips for your best boudoir portraits. - Updated September 2013
1. Groom - this one is a given. But sometimes we forget to do nails and pedicure. Like my nails are just nubs. But red nubs are prettier than naked nubs. Your hands are an important part of the composition. Feet too. Shave or wax a day or two before.
2. Super Moisturize - When you shower in the morning just pat dry just a bit and then slather the baby oil. All over. It will absorb do not worry. You'll be smooth as a baby's butt - I couldn't resist. Or even better, coconut oil, better for you anyway. Just take it inside the shower so it melts a bit, when it gets cold it hardens.
3. Hair - Smooth. Unless you have really curly natural hair. Then I touch it up here with a curling iron for definition. For every body else, blow dry smooth. Preferably do not use the flat iron if you want to ad "victoria secret" waves.
4. Loose - Wear loose clothing for the shoot. It takes a bit of time for the skin to recover and a hell of a lot of retouching, better safe. You'll be able to wear your tight stuff here.
5. Accessories - Do not forget your shoes. Clean the soles very well because they may end up in the picture. Any bling that is special. - A really awesome tip from some clients. Go get the shoes you love and can't walk in them and after the shoot return them. You are either standing on carpet here or lying down.
But whatever works for you and makes you feel confident. As long as the girls are loose and unmarked. :P
Make up wise - its ok to wear some make up before you go out in to the world. I would never go out without my mascara, primer and blush.
Oh I had so much fun doing these. At first I found the images from this Victoria Secret model and thought to myself " I should recrea...
Inspired by my popular post "how to shoot your own boudoir photos" and this picture which tittle is: "NUMBER ONE USE OF CA...
With Lily and Ander around, and almost being nice outside, it comes naturally to go back to do a lot more family pictures. For the be...
To the blog part of this sexy, glamourous and silly things of boudoir and portrait photography. There is some implied nudity around but nothing to scare prudes. Well maybe my sister the uber prude (not sure how we are related). You'll get to see my most recent work, some tips on what to do for your session and boudoir photography in general and my sense of humour. You have been warned. "Sexy sometimes is accidental while you are having fun" Very yoda-ish of me.