Begin typing your search above and press return to search. Press Esc to cancel.

BOUDOIR DIARY

Guest post: A Gift to Myself at 75



A small intro here: this was written by an actual client! she explains better the reasons to do a boudoir session better than me :)
 
A Gift to Myself at 75
by Leigh

The idea of doing a Boudoir photo session started off as a gift to my boyfriend for his birthday.  While it still is a sexy little gift for him, it turned into a bigger gift to myself.    I’ve even showed the pictures to a few girlfriends, and they’ve been inspired to do something similar.

At first, it felt a bit indulgent to want to do this. 

Then I thought – why? If I can’t feel good about my body and feel sexy when I’m happy, healthy and in a good place in my life – when will that ever happen?

I decided to get over the self-doubt, the judgment, forget about what anyone else would think, and just go for it.  So I booked my session with Marlen. 

I trusted Marlen, and because of her, I felt really comfortable doing something I don’t ordinarily do every Saturday.  

I wanted to see what it was like to FEEL genuinely sexy and sexual through my own eyes, instead of trying to BE sexy by someone else’s standards. 

 I wanted to get in touch with my incredibly feminine side.

I wanted to remember that being a girl is FUN

I wanted to know that feeling sexy doesn’t mean you have to compromise your dignity, your pro-womanhood, and it doesn’t have to be degrading to other women. 

And, I wanted some kick ass pictures to prove it!

Well, I got what I wanted.

I can’t tell you what an amazing experience it was.  Plus, I feel a little bad ass, I gotta say.  And it feels really, really, good.

I realized that not only was I doing this for my boyfriend who appreciates me no matter what I am or am not wearing, but that I was doing it for myself and that, even though I wore red lipstick for the first time, I don’t need lipstick to feel good about myself.   

When I’m 75, I’m going to look back on these photos and appreciate them.  This gift to myself at 75 is that I had the good sense to feel good about my body and get in touch with a whole new side of myself on my own terms, with Marlen’s help.

So I say life’s short.  Go for the red lipstick and just see what a different side of you can be like.




No comments :