1. What should I bring to the session?
I answered that one perfectly right here http://marlenjames.blogspot.com/2009/02/what-to-wear-to-your-session-tips.html How many outfits you may ask? minimum 3 but bring a variety - lingerie is not that heavy to lug around.
2. How long does the shoot last?
About two hours. The part that takes the longest is the make up application. Those fake eyelashes sometimes require effort :) . It takes about 40 minutes to get ready- and the shooting part goes way faster.
3. Do you help with the posing? why yes I do. I show you all you need to do. It helps also you read my tips on how to pose standing up http://marlenjames.blogspot.com/2010/06/how-to-do-pose-sexy-standing-up.html I think is funny. And for the close ups and what to do with your hands: http://marlenjames.blogspot.com/2011/01/posing-tips-how-to-pose-for-your.html.
The best thing you can do is practice your facial expression in front of a mirror. It feels silly, but you will feel silly here anyways.
And I give you the general idea at the beginning anyway.
4. Can I bring a friend/sister/hubby?
Yes you can! whoever is going to help out and watch is fine. If they make you laugh even better. Takes some of my performance pressure off :) A couple of people have even decided to share the appointment time and when one is changing one is shooting, so as long as everybody is comfortable, I am good to go!
5. How many files do I get?
Digital... I kind of miss the good old glamour shot days that you had 16 shots and you had to choose your 5 best one from there. You blinked- you lost a frame. Nowadays for each session I have about 300 files. Dang it. A lot of the images are similar so that just helps me decide on which one has a better focus. You have two options: One I send you about 50 (depending on your package) so you can choose your top 20-30 that I can edit or you let me choose the best ones for you and you only see the final selections. Up to you.
6. What do you do with the other 250 files?
If they did not make the cut for the best I delete them- I need hardrive space. If you want them all - the private affair package includes all digital files for you to do as you wish. Otherwise they are just deleted or sold to playboy... I WISH. :)
7. How long till I see the proofs?
Low season- meaning not this close to xmas and valenties day - usually you get a link of your proofs within 24 hrs. High season when I have more than 3 bookings per day is about 36 hrs. I will let you know an estimate at the end of the session.
8. I am getting married next week, how soon can I get the pictures and album?
hmm, yes I had these before. Yes I do my darnest to get them done in a week. But album takes about 3 weeks so only prints can be done within the week. I usually send files to print on Wednesday and pick up Thursday and meet up with people on Friday or mail them.
Wednesday is print day.
Normally it will be two weeks from your session to get prints and 3 to get the album. So plan accordingly and dont give me any more stress related white hairs.
9. I don't know which package to get
To help you choose a package http://marlenjames.blogspot.com/2011/02/faq-just-dont-know-whether-to-get-model.html you can always just pay the deposit and decide after you see your proofs. No biggie.
10. What is the extent of the retouching?
Depending on the package you get- you get 5-10-20-30 high res retouched digital files. Retouching includes:
- background - any cable - carpet piece
- skin smoothing- stretch marks, lumps, bumps, bruises, blemishes
- face- under eye area- skin and teeth brightening
- figure- tuck in the waist a bit and if you are sitting or bending funny smoothing extra skin aka the "roll"
- and my toes
I tend to have a light touch. It is still you but a bit enhanced. You can request more retouching after you see them.
11. I am plus size, and most samples the women look to be on the thin side. Any tips for plus size posing?
I shoot any bra size and any shoe size, what you see are flattering images around my blog and sometimes at request of the client I do not post any - so I may lack a bit in the plus - sized samples. But not too worry! you are in good hands. I really look for your best angles, I want you to love your pictures.
A good tip is to make sure the lingerie you get fits you properly, and skip the thigh highs if you can't find the ones with out the elastic. Some great choices are corsets, bra sets, camisoles and sexy lacy robes. Anything lacy and see trough.
An article I wrote about this http://marlenjames.blogspot.ca/2012/08/celebrating-boudoir-in-all-shapes-and.html