Begin typing your search above and press return to search. Press Esc to cancel.

BOUDOIR DIARY

Blog post challenge: Nail Art


I received an invitation to blog about halloween nail art, you know, all those things you see on pinterest and you wonder how the hell they do that, and then do it on the right hand?
This is me:


Yeah my left hand sucks for doing the nails on the right. I said sure! as long as they are no spiders.
Seriously, spiders are a deal breaker.

So here is me, trying to do this:


It looks easy enough right? and there is a kitty cat!
Step 1: paint nails a dark blue colour for the night background.
Mistake number one, I did it yesterday and then washed the dishes. And remembered why my nails always look "punk".
I have a nail polish called uptempo plum, dark enough. 
Step 2: draw the moon. With yellow! who has yellow? I had to venture out to the drug store so I bought a white manicure pen. Figured a pen would be easier.

Step 3: draw the fences. err, skipping this one. I don't have brown or cooper. I have the one red but it looked a bit dry so I skipped that step. I don't know how I am getting graded on this thing.

Step 4: draw the kitty cat. aaaaaaaaand my nails are teeny tiny. Like 10 year olds have a better nail bed. rats. I feel like those people who draw on a grain of rice.



Step 5: do the dots for eyes... with what?!. Didn't think that one through, I tried to do it with the pen but a blob came out and I had to wipe it off. So I photoshoped them in, ha ha.


And ta-da! it does look like a cat, kinda right? Like one who is turning towards you with a bit of disdain. Why do people do this?
Well I had fun. I am going to do some more blog posts trying new things.
Thanks to www.julep.com for making me try. Nice product line. There is a black sparkly one called boho glam that is calling my name.
:)

No comments :